It’s always around this time of year when you're not sure whether to start the Christmas shopping or the Christmas celebrations, but we NEED SOMETHING to look forward to especially now that it's dark at 4.30pm and the weather has dropped significantly 🙁
Summer has gone, Halloween’s over and the only night of November (Bonfire night) is gone before we know it. Now, America obviously has one on us, as they celebrate Thanksgiving, but we don’t normally do this in the UK. So what do we have to look forward to that isn’t Christmas? 🤷🤷
This is where the sweet pleasure of Black Friday and Cyber Monday come into play…
So... what is Black Friday?
Okay so we haven't been living under a rock, but here's some background to the most famous sales day of the year. Black Friday originated in the USA to celebrate the start of the Christmas celebrations, on the first Friday after Thanksgiving. The term has come a long way since originally made, but from the 1980’s it is believed that this particular day got its name by turning shop owners profits from red to black (significantly increasing sales and traffic).
Basically, think of huge sales and discounts, on the busiest shopping day of the year. This experience isn't for the faint-hearted and it has been known to get very heated around stores worldwide.
Retailers want to remain competitive during this time, so there may be bigger cuts, longer sales and overall way more fun (depending on supply and demand). Continue to keep your eyes peeled for the best deals yet.
What about Cyber Monday?
This one is a little bit less known or spoken about. When it comes to Monday we may have already spent a little bit too much on the weekend sales, however, Cyber Monday is that last bit of temptation for those looking for gifts or treats for themselves. The term Cyber Monday comes from the e-commerce sector and is essentially an extension of the Black Friday sales, just ONLINE 🔥
Essentially this is the 2nd biggest shopping day of the year, with huge sales and discounts yet again.
So, when, where and how?
When is Black Friday & Cyber Monday?
- Black Friday - Friday the 26th November 2021
- Cyber Monday - Monday the 29th November 2021
Where can I find Black Friday deals?
These sales can MOSTLY be found all around the country, but Londoners keep your eyes peeled and your cards ready. It's your choice whether you want to brave the shops and secure your package, or whether you’d like to avoid the drama and stay online.
How do I get the best deals?
So, here is the annual dilemma… Everyone knows about Black Friday, right? So how do we miss the crowd and make sure we’re getting the deals we want without others stealing them before we get the chance to even have a look?
Tips and tricks for online sales:
The problem for both retailers and customers during this period is that stock runs out QUICK, meaning either you can’t provide anymore for your customers which will end with disappointment, or alternatively customers can’t get anything on their wish list.
Additionally to this, due to huge amounts of traffic online, websites will be SLOWER than usual, meaning even if your favourite pair of trainers are in stock, by the time your page loads they could be gone…
- SIGN UP FOR EXCLUSIVE ANNOUNCEMENTS AND VIP EMAIL LISTS - This tip can send you reminders of when to be ready for what, keep you updated with restocks - never miss a chance to purchase your favourite items.
- ADD ITEMS TO YOUR WISHLIST PRIOR TO THE SALES - Become notified when your wish list items decrease in price - and make them easier to find during the sales rush!
- KLARNA WILL BE YOUR BEST FRIEND - Don't want to splash all your Christmas cash? Choose Klarna as your payment method and pay in instalments or 30 days later. This will give you time to budget and think of your finances without all the stress of spending it all at once. Plus, their app is awesome to create wishlists amongst your favourite retailers with price updates.
- EARLY BIRD CATCHES THE WORM - I can't stress this enough - BE THERE EARLY. You don't want your favourite items to run out of stock before you get the chance to grab them - set an alarm, do your shopping and enjoy the rest of your day knowing you’ve got your friends and family the best presents that they are going to love.
- DON'T PANIC - The feeling of missing out on incredible deals can be daunting, but this is where Cyber Monday comes into play - those deals that weren't available online and only in stores, will likely now move online. This gives you the opportunity to reap the benefits that other shoppers may have already gotten.
Being smart this sales season is imperative, and following these tips are likely to give you the highest chances of copping what you want amid the madness. It's up to you whether you decide to shop in-store or online but remember...
We at Carryr CHECK STOCK LEVELS FOR YOU and CAN DELIVERY ITEMS IN UNDER AN HOUR, and you don't have to lift a finger - just our gift from us to you.
Save yourself some hassle this sales weekend and shop using Carryr - making you happier with Carryr one step at a time.
Until next time 👋